Real Costs To Cutting Down a Tree In Alabama
Alabama, with its rich landscapes and verdant expanses, is home to a plethora of trees. From the bustling streets of Mobile to the serene countryside, trees are an integral part of the state’s charm. However, there comes a time when these leafy giants need to be removed, either due to disease, damage, or landscaping needs. But how much does it really cost to remove a tree in Alabama? Let’s dive into the real prices and factors influencing them.
The Statewide Scoop On The Costs
First, let’s look at the broader picture. Statewide data collected reveals that the average cost of tree trimming or removal in Alabama is as follows:
- Tree Trimming and Pruning: $135 per hour for a two-man crew. Prices can range from $120 to $145. Trimming a tree
- Tree Removal: A standing tree less than 35 ft tall can cost around $450, with prices ranging from $340 to $470.
- Tree Stump Removal: The cost is calculated per linear inch, with an average of $3.60. Depending on the diameter, you could be looking at a range of $2.90 to $3.50.
Mobile’s Tree Tales
Zooming into Mobile, the story gets a tad more detailed. The average cost for tree removal in Mobile is around $730. However, prices can swing anywhere from $350 to a whopping $1,470 per tree. Most homeowners find themselves spending between $550 to $900.
Why such a range, you ask? Well, sometimes tree removal service becomes imperative to prevent invasive species from spreading. Moreover, a badly damaged tree can pose a hazard, making swift removal a safety priority.
When it comes to stump removal in Mobile, the size of the stump plays a pivotal role. A medium-sized stump grinding job, which typically lasts about two hours, can set you back between $70 and $140. If you’re dealing with a larger stump, expect to shell out anywhere from $80 to $150.
And let’s not forget about maintenance. Regular pruning and trimming are essential for the health and aesthetics of trees. On average, Mobile residents spend about $580 on tree maintenance, with costs oscillating between $450 and $700.
One of the most significant determinants of tree removal cost is, unsurprisingly, the size of the tree. Here’s a breakdown:
- Very Small Trees (up to 30 feet): Expect to pay anywhere from $140 to $580.
- Small Trees (30 to 60 feet): The price range widens here, with costs ranging from $220 to $1,300.
- Medium Trees (60 to 80 feet): These towering trees can cost you between $500 to $1,400 for removal.
- Large Trees (Over 80 feet): For these behemoths, you might be looking at $1,600 or even more.
If you’re located in Mobile or Baldwin county and want to get the most accurate cost estimation, we’d start by giving us a call so we can provide you with a 100% free quote.
Tree removal, while essential, is an investment. Very similarly to land clearing it’s crucial to understand the costs involved in the process to make an informed decision when it comes to picking a service provider. Whether you’re in Mobile or anywhere else in Alabama, knowing the average prices and factors influencing them can save you from overpaying and ensure you get the best services.
Remember, while prices are a significant consideration, never compromise on safety and quality. Always opt for professionals who are licensed, insured, and come with glowing recommendations. After all, your landscape deserves the best care, and so do you!
If you’re looking for a more specific estimate here in Mobile area, give us a ring for your free estimate today. Happy tree-removing!
We service all cities and areas within Mobile and Baldwin counties, including Daphne, Fairhope, Spanish Fort, and Gulf Shores.